Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

This is a little twist on a classic cookie.  The texture of these is unlike any other cookie I have every had. It is chewier and softer then other recipes.  I am not sure whats in pudding mix, but I can tell you its good in cookies.  Who Knew.   



Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies - Adapted from Lovin' From The Oven
Yield: 3-4 Dozen
Ingredients:
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, 2 Sticks, room temperature
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 Package of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.4oz)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and fluffy.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combine.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, dry pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.   Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until combine.
  4. Add the chocolate chips and mix a little more.
  5. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon size scoop, place dough on prepared cookie sheet.
  6. Bake cookies 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. These cookies will stay yummy for a for days in a Tupperware!
  7. Enjoy!!

14 comments:

  1. Those cookies look really yummy. I never would have thought of putting pudding in a cookie Baking Goal: Homemade Twix Bar :) I wanted to invite you over to show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a great day!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can basically use any flavor instant pudding mix in this recipe? I have loads of them on my blog...The latest one I posted today using instant cheesecake pudding mix. Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.dreamingofwhitechocolate.com/2011/06/white-chocolate-cheesecake-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of these pudding cookies. Looks like they come out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. Who would have thought, pudding would be a way to make a cookie better. Thanks for sharing this on My Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this instant pudding or pudding mix you cook?

    The cookies look DIVINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great recipe. The pudding would really up it over the top. They look delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom made these when I was a little girl (some 30+ years ago). I love making them for my kids now. They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to try this recipe, I've heard great things about cookies with pudding in the recipe.

    I hope you'll stop by my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday and share your recipe! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/16/midnight-craving-cupcakes/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is what I'm talking about. There's been a lot of chocolate chip cookie recipes floating around out there lately. But, I've made these before and they are awesome!!! Love them! I'd like to invite you to share on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday!

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delish!

    We'd love for you to share this recipe with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I don't know how managed to get any baked product! The dough is AMAZING <3 Just waiting for the cookies to cool so I can try one, but I bet they are ten times as awesome! Definitely will be making this one again... Maybe just for the dough! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete