Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

You might be able to tell from 3 recent posts that I am an Oreo kick right now.  I have already stated that Oreos are amazing, and I think I have proven various delicious options for baking with them.  This recipe is really popular right now so I decided to give it go.  Actually, my boyfriend specifically asked me to make these for a potluck tomorrow at his work. I don't think anyone will be disappointed!  Maybe just disappointed that there is only 21 cookies for everyone to share.   But these are huge so I think we will be cutting them in half.  Anyway, these are great cookies and I would recommend them to anyone!  





Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies Recipe - Adapted from Becky Bakes
Yield - 2 dozen
Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter, 2 sticks unsalted and room temperature
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
3 1/2 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
24 Oreos, regular or double stuffed

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  
  2. Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.  
  4. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.  Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.  
  5. Place onto a baking sheet and bake cookies 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. 
  6. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying your oreo posts. You could do it for days and I wouldn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, baking with oreo's is only ever a goood thing! These look very cute, loving the melted chocoolate chips oozing out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those look AMAZING! Everything in moderation right??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oreos and been meaning to make oreo cupcakes for a while. will be making these too! thnk you

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were so delish! Going to make them for my honey. Joe is killing my wedding diet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Goddess! I love cookies..so can I be your follower? I am Marelie and your site is perfect for a cookie lover like me. my site is.. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have thought of putting an oreo inside cookie dough. I'm going to have to mark this link for later :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you for being on an Oreo kick. I say keep the fantastic Oreo recipes coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks seriously great! thanks for sharing, lots of love happening for this and all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete